Donation and Grant Eligibility Guidelines
In keeping with NWC’S giving guidelines, we specifically support programs focusing on children, education and health and human services. We would like to respond favorably to all requests however the needs are far greater than our allocated resources. Therefore it is not possible for us to accommodate all requests.
For local organizations and groups, which focus on children, education or health and human services, provide us with a copy of your IRS tax letter with your 501 (c) (3) status and a completed donation request form.
Qualifying for a Grant
We specifically focus on programs supporting children, education and health and human services. The United Way, Boys and Girls Clubs and Safe Streets are examples in our charitable giving. NWC is committed to supporting charitable and community activities in the markets where we do business.
We do not provide direct aid to:
- Capital campaigns, building projects, or equipment
- Transportation and travel expenses
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Government agencies
- Loans or investments
- Research studies
- Athletic teams, events, or sponsorships
- Animal related programs, including shelters
- Merchandise for fundraisers and auctions
- Symposiums, conferences, conventions, professional association meetings
- Individual primary and secondary schools
- Merchandise promotions, partnerships or advertising
- General awareness campaigns
- Development or production of books, films, videos, television programs, or websites
- Parties, celebrations, parades, festivals and raffles
- Deficit funding
Our Charitable Contributions Committee is charged with overseeing our charitable giving and encouraging decentralization of charitable giving so that the greatest impact is where NWC’s employees and members live and work. Only 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, which meet our giving guidelines and focus areas, are considered.
Submitting your request
Please review the guidelines listed above. If you feel your organization meets these requirements, download and fill out our request form below and send it along with a copy of your IRS tax letter with your 501 (c) (3) status to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 253-848-2399. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your request to be processed.